Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Houston, Tx

    Default I want my daughter to have my last name.

    I have a 2 year old daughter and I want to change her last name to mines. Her dad does not take part in her life and is in another state running away from child support. He is currently not paying child support but I want to know what rights does he have to say no?

    Exactly what are the steps to get the processed started? I have no idea who I should speak to and where I should go?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005


    Normally you would file a petition to change the child's name with the court which has jurisdiction over the custody and support issues.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Sex Offenses: Can My Daughter Be Taken
    By scared mom in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 03:18 PM
  2. Changing a Child's Name: Daughter's Last Name
    By amlynch in forum Name Change
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 09:48 AM
  3. What Can I Do to Get My Daughter?
    By yogesh pawar in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 11:30 AM
  4. Emancipation: Daughter Wants Out
    By BobbysWorldXVII in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 03:30 PM
  5. Emancipation: Please help my daughter
    By gypsyflame626 in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources