Unhappy Caught Shoplifting 2nd Time, No Police Involvement But Received A Civil Demand Notice

I was caught shoplifting in H&M in Cambridge, MA by a plain clothes cop who saw me on a video camera. When he stopped me on my way out, I participated and followed him into a back room. When he saw that I was cooperating, he said that he would not call the police and he just took all my information--social security #, current address, phone #, name--he also asked me to sign a trespass notice which would bar me from entering the store in the future. He also gave me a civil demand notice and told me to pay $500, which I will gladly pay. I was caught shoplifting four months ago but at a store in Boston, MA and I went through a horrible ordeal for that one (police were involved and arrest was made, no charges but I was put on probation). This is my second time shoplifting but it is in a different city, there was no police, and no arrest and I am still on probation. I am very scared and the police man at H&M said I MAY have to go to court but I explained to him the situation I was in and he seemed to listen. I am very anxious, scared, and ashamed for what I have done. I believe I have an addiction to shoplifting and I want to get help. Will I just have to pay the civil demand? And do all shoplifting cases go to one state court or is it separated by cities? Please help, I am so scared.

Default Re: Caught Shoplifting 2nd Time, No Police Involvement But Received A Civil Demand No

This is my second time shoplifting but it is in a different city, there was no police, and no arrest and I am still on probation. I am very scared and the police man at H&M said I MAY have to go to court but I explained to him the situation I was in and he seemed to listen.
    He may have listened to you but it may not be his decision to press charges or not. This is usually up to store policy. I don't know what that is as I'm unfamiliar with that store. He did take all the necessary information to just file a report and turn into the DA's office to prosecute you.
    I am very anxious, scared, and ashamed for what I have done. I believe I have an addiction to shoplifting and I want to get help
    do an online search for a program near you. Shoplifting is just like a drug or alcohol addiction....a bad habit! It's a choice that you make. It's good that you realize that you may have a problem.
    Will I just have to pay the civil demand?
    We have no way of answering this. One thing is almost certain, if you don't pay the demand, they WILL come after you criminally.
    And do all shoplifting cases go to one state court or is it separated by cities? Please help, I am so scared.
    No state shoplifting court that I'm aware of. These are misdemeanors most of the time which are handled in the local courts. Once your entered into the system you get a criminal record that all courts have access to. Your just going to have to wait it out, sorry I wish I had a better answer for you.

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: Caught Shoplifting 2nd Time, No Police Involvement But Received A Civil Demand No

I have emails for two person one a Director the other a foundr of two shoplifting groups. Send me a PM (Private message) and I will give you those emails

thank you so much, i also wish i had a quicker answer.

1. Sponsored Links