Default Unfounded Accusations Against Daughter

My daughter is second year HS student in NJ. She is a Varsity Athlete in two sports, an honor student, and class representative.

She is goal oriented and has wishes to pursue playing sports in College. She is sweet, quiet and very hard working.

This week, a group of girls made an official complaint with the school saying that they had received threats on their cell phones from someone claiming to be my daughters cousin.

The school, without doing any investigation, stated that if any other complaint is made against my daughter, she will be investigated and possibly suspended.

I am fit to be tied. My daughter categorically had nothing to do with this. I have the cell phone number that these girls stated they received the calls from.

I tried in vain to talk to the school. I am at a loss in understanding how they could pass judgment without any proof?
    My daughter is very upset that this incident will tarnish her fine reputation and possibly destroy her chances to play sports in College.
    She is having trouble sleeping, eating, concentrating. She feels as though her rights have been trampled.

I am going to file a police report tomorrow. Interestingly. her accusers did not. I am fearful that the schools handling of this will only embolden
    whoever is doing this. What can I do to protect my daughters reputation and clear her name. I am furious.
    btw...i live in NJ

Default Re: Unfounded Accusations Against Daughter

Quote Quoting notintheparenthandbook
    View Post
    The school, without doing any investigation, stated that if any other complaint is made against my daughter, she will be investigated...
    Nothing is wrong with that.
    and possibly suspended.
    Which you would expect if the investigation shows that she is involved with the threats.
    I tried in vain to talk to the school. I am at a loss in understanding how they could pass judgment without any proof?
    Who passed judgment? Warning that something will be investigated in the event of further problems is not passing judgment.

Default Re: Unfounded Accusations Against Daughter

I handled this and legally proved the complaint to be fallacious.

I take umbrage with anyone who knowingly files a false complaint.

1. Sponsored Links