Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default .06 Driving Under The Influence

In California. 2 Friends of mine were driving home, and were stopped for a headlight out,
    the driver is a female, and she had 2 beers, she passed all the field sobriety tests, then the officer asked her to use the handheld breath test and she blew a .06, she got handcuffed and while she was sitting in back of the police car, the passenger took off her jacket and threw it on the back floor, to cover up some empty beer cans and an empty bottle of tequila, none of which was consumed that day, the officer then went to talk to the passenger and asked her to get out of the car so he could search it. So the passenger asked if she could get her jacket and when she did she picked up the cans and tequila, when she got out of the car the officer told her to put the jacket on, and she got caught.

Default Re: .06 Dui

Nobody tests .06 after two beers...unless the two beers were huge!

So, besides one of them being charged with driving under the influence, they also were charged with open bottle? Maybe received a "fix it" ticket as well?

What are the Californa Penal Codes on the charges?

Quote Quoting afronate
    View Post
    the driver is a female, and she had 2 beers, she passed all the field sobriety tests,
    Why does everyone SAY that?! One does not "pass" because they don't fall down, folks. There are a series of "clues" we are trained to look for in each of the SFSTs, and only ONE would be falling down or stumbling.

then the officer asked her to use the handheld breath test and she blew a .06,
    Then, I suspect, she either did NOT "pass" the SFSTs, or, she was under the age of 21.

So the passenger asked if she could get her jacket and when she did she picked up the cans and tequila, when she got out of the car the officer told her to put the jacket on, and she got caught.
    Well, duh.

And i doubt the cops are going to buy the "it was drunk some other time" tale ... even if they did, that just means that this is not the FIRST time she has driven as a deadly menace.

Okay, as for the .06, what did she test later at the jail or police department? Did she take a breath test, or blood?

What was she charged with? CVC 23152(a)? Or, was it CVC 23140?

And, for everyone's education, THE most common answer to the question, "How much have you had to drink?", is ... <drumroll> ... "Two."

Now, unless she is a petite little thing (i.e. tiny) and drank both beers back to back less than an hour earlier on an empty stomach, she would NOT be at .06. So, the police know she's lying.

- Carl
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Also, at the jail they let her go and said to fight it out in court. And something doesn't make sense, she is a big girl, and she told me that she ate, and about 4 hours had passed since she drank, so thanks a lot guys, this is really helpful. And I saw the paper that said she blew a .06 with a breath test, can you be arrested for .06?

Quote Quoting afronate
    View Post
    Also, at the jail they let her go and said to fight it out in court. And something doesn't make sense, she is a big girl, and she told me that she ate, and about 4 hours had passed since she drank, so thanks a lot guys, this is really helpful. And I saw the paper that said she blew a .06 with a breath test, can you be arrested for .06?
    If you are under 21? Yes. Or, if you fail the FSTs.

So, she is either under 21 and charged with 23140 (and possibly 23152(a), or she is 21 or older and charged with 23152(a) (which would imply she did NOT pass the FSTs.

So ... how old is she?

- Carl

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

21 or 22, she said she passed the FSTs.

Quote Quoting afronate
    View Post
    21 or 22, she said she passed the FSTs.
    Then she would not have been arrested.

If she is 21 or over, to be arrested for DUI (CVC 23152) the officer would need probable cause to believe she was driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. So, I'd say she did not "pass" in spite of how well she THINKS she did.

- Carl

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

Quote Quoting Happy Trails
    View Post
    Actually, he is likely facing charged from our Vehicle Code ... and I am curious as well. If she faces Penal Code charges, or Health and Safety charges, then all bets are off.

- Carl

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast