Question Parents Spent Money From A Childhood Personal Injury Case

Hi, im 19 years old. I was bit by a dog when i was 4 years old. I was too young to know what was going on at the time about my money from the lawsuit. My problem is my mother. She never ever told me how much i got and i dont think there is any money from my lawsuit anymore. I think my mother wasted alll of it and i only had got a few thousand $ from her from my lawsuit.
    Now my question is can i find out all the transactions since i was 4 till now and what happened to all my money. If my mother did take all of my money can i do something about that and what kind of lawyer i go and talk to. This is very important to me and hope someone can help. I need to know if i can get my money back from my mother so i can go to school and have a life.

Default Re: Need Help Very Important To ME-NY

A lawyer would have to sue your mother and ask for the records as part of the discovery process.

Having said that, it matters greatly to whom the monies were paid. If they were paid to your mother for your care, then you have no case. If they were to be set up in a fund for your education, then you may have a case.

okay. yea the account was set up to my mother custodian to me. So basically my mother screwed me out of my money because she never put it in an education fund so she could take money out whenever she wanted without my consent. So theres nothing i can do? So thousands of dollars that i got beacuse i got bit and by the way i have a big scar on my face for life is wasted because of my mother being really f uped

Hold up.

If the money was given to your mother for your care and you were cared for, there is no wrongdoing.

You may not like how she spent it, but it was her call to make.

but she worked and gets child support that i never see neither. Were talking tens of thousands of dollars gone without nothing to show. She never spent money like that for the "care" of me. Can i get transactions of what shes been doing for years without her consent. If she were to care for me like a regular mother there would be tens of thousands of dollars still left.

its not my fault she never went to school and got a real job. And then its all up to me to do everything by myself and start from scratch. I just dont think its legal of right in this case that my MOTHER spent all of my money that was supposed to be for my care plus child support. Where did it all go. Theres got to be something. this is the outline

on my checks in the mail = Mother Custodian Me
    from my recent memory she moved and took money out to move. But she has a job and gets child support. So what does she need to spend my money on that i need well i need now, since im just beginning to understand what has been going on my whole life. i dont really know where im going with this, but she has been messed up her whole life and my family knows but wants nothing to do with it when i ask. CAN YOU POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO GO ABOUT THIS. IF I CANT DO NOTHING LEGALLY ALL I WANT IS ANSWERS THAT MY MOTHER WONT GIVE ME

i just found this....The money can be used for the child's benefit but not for your own or your family's (i.e., unemployment, vacation, home improvements). You can probably get away with using the money that way, but the child has the legal right to fight the decision. --What does this mean.

I can't give a legal opinion on the dog bite money but I have some questions for you on the child support...

1. Did your mother provide you with food?
    2. Did your mother provide you with shelter?
    3. Did your mother provide you with medical care as needed?

If you answered YES to these three questions than you have your answer as to an accounting of how she spent the child support money. You received what you were entitled to receive and nothing less.

Default Re: Parents Spent Money From A Childhood Personal Injury Case

yes she provided me with all that and still does. i dont know about medical though. Shes very shady about things when it comes to money. I just dont think this is right. And also one more thing. She said to me when i asked sometimes when i was from ages from like 14-17 that she changed the account so i coudnt directly take out money until i am 21. and i am still 19. And some money was in shares in some place called Eaton Vance. Ive seen checks in the mail a few times when i was younger from them too but never opened them. I seen an end of the year statement that i opened and i seen $10,000 dollars taken out within a period of 3 months, and thats just 3 months. She was having a hard time with money andevery thing for reasons i dont know but 10,000 in cash, come on now. She doesnt give any info when i try asking its always i dont know or something stupid.

Default Re: Parents Spent Money From A Childhood Personal Injury Case

A couple of questions you have to ask yourself before you get yourself in a tizzy here.

One - do you have a case? Pay for an hour of a lawyer's time and ask.

Two - If I do have a case and I win, what do I win? If mom doesn't have the money anymore, what good will sueing her do?

1. Sponsored Links