Default Small Claims Court Is A Total Circus

went to small claims court to recover my security deposit, got awarded $1500....

the other side appealed, exact same evidence, same things were said, I got awarded zero.

Both times the judges were retarded (los angeles). I seriously thought both trials had judges whose ignorance was amazing, and whose IQ was very low. Watching how the judges handled all the cases was amazing. They could barely understand any of the facts, and just decided who they liked, with no relation to truth or fact.

The first judge was so stupid, she couldn't add. She awarded me double the amount she was supposed to.

The 2nd judge actually looked like an ugly version of barbie. Completely unprofessionaly dressed, unprofessional demeanour - and as thick as a brick, she could barely follow any part of any of the cases. Kept asking questions that she had previously asked, or asked questions that were completely irrelevant.

So in short, if any of you here are going to small claims court or are being sued, you need to understand that the results of any trial have ZERO to do with reality.

You should concentrate on rather being friendly and personally impressive to the judges, rather than on any facts. The small claims court is no place for justice of any sort.

ADVICE:
    The closest thing i can equate small claims court to is going to a bar to try pick up a chick to nail.... basically you talk nonsense (seriously the truth is completely irrelevant in small claims court, no facts are ever checked, and nothing you say is ever recorded). Be nice to the judge, polite, friendly, and just lie with a straight face.

What a laughable joke.

Thumbs down Re: Small Claims Court Is A Total Circus

Hmmm- you had two female judges and you write about nailing chicks - I wonder if there is any connection?

Default Re: Small Claims Court Is A Total Circus

lol

well the first judge must have liked me, hehe

The fact that they were both women is actually irrelevant. I'd wager you get the same nonsense no matter what nationality, race, sex or religion the small claims judge of the day is.

And the reference to nailing chicks at a bar is relevant to me because thats when id say i have been the falsest I have ever been in my life, you get your 5 mins or less to put on a totally fabulous impression. Exactly like small claims court, the parallels are there.

I'm happy i'm re-reading my post.

My new motto for the rest of my life is stay out of court unless completely unavoidable.

Default Re: Small Claims Court Is A Total Circus

Quote Quoting jasonjm
    View Post
    My new motto for the rest of my life is stay out of court unless completely unavoidable.
    Hey pal, stop giving away the world's biggest legal secret for free.

1. Sponsored Links