Default Need Some Help With Work Authorization

I am from South Africa and currently working with an International company on an H1B visa here in the USA. This is my second 6mo employment visit over the past two years. I now wish to stay and immigrate permantly to the USA. My company does not have a permanant position for me here.

I am curious as to how I can go about obtaining a right to work status in the USA without a company sponsor? I hold a graduate degree and am an accountant with a very large company.

I am familiar with the process of getting sponsored by a company to work in the USA, but this appears difficult as getting an employer to go through the effort of hiring a non-citizen is quite a challange when they can hire a local worker without the extra work.

Is there any process available that will allow me to come to the USA without an employment or family sponsor in hopes of securing a job once I am here? I am financially secure and can afford to stay here well over a year without working, and have plenty of savings (excess of 100k USD).

Any help would be appreciated.

I do have a boyfriend who is quite serious with me as I am him, but having only dated for 6mos, neither of us is ready to commit to marriage, and certainly would not do that for the benifit of any government qualifications.

Default Re: Need Some Help With Work Authorization

Based on what yo have said, for now you need to find another work visa, and perhaps a new employer who will sponsor you for a Green Card.

1. Sponsored Links