Default Month-to-Month Agreement With Deposit Held If Not Rented For 12 Months

I live in Washington State.

If it is only a month to month agreement can Landlord have a seperate deposit that is kept by the landlord if the tenant does not rent property for 12 months or longer?

The landlord requires that the tenant agree to this in writing even though it is only a month to month agreement and the landlord wants to retain the right to move tenant out (giving proper notice) and raise rents at landlords will.

Just to be sure my question is clear it is put in writing as a separate agreement to the month to month that if the tenant moves out sooner than living there for one year then the landlord gets to keep the deposit they charged extra as part of this 12 month living arrangement agreement. There is no lease, only a month to month.

Default Re: Month-to-Month Agreement With Deposit Held If Not Rented For 12 Months

If it is only a month to month agreement can Landlord have a seperate deposit that is kept by the landlord if the tenant does not rent property for 12 months or longer?
    No. See pages 5 and 14.

1. Sponsored Links