Default First Time Possesion With Intent, Over 3 Oz

My son is 18 and was in northern michigan when him and 2 of his friends were pulled over for having a headlight out. my son admitted they were smoking marijuana just before being pulled over so when the cop came to the window in smelled the smoke and searched the vehicle. they found about 3.9 ounces of marijuana in 10 different bags and a digital scale. after being arrested the officer told him whoevers marijuana it was would face 4 years in prison if they didnt admit it so he admitted that all the evidence was his. the police then interviewed him for about 2 hours where he wrote down everything and signed it. they did not book him and did not write any tickets they just told him they would contact him in a couple weeks what should i expect? THANKS

Default Re: First Time Possesion With Intent Over 3 Oz

ohh and i was wondering if the case can get dropped because when i was caught they NEVER said i was charged with anything or wrote and papers for me to take home or ANYTHING they just told me i would get something in the mail i mean i didnt have a single piece of paper that said i was being charged with it THANKS

I thought it was your SON that got caught (first post) ... now you write that YOU got caught (second post).

Which is it?

In any event, not being arrested or cited is not going to cause the case to be tossed out. Why would it? An officer has options at the scene of a crime, and one of them is to release the parties involved. There are few instances where the law requires a suspect be arrested or cited.

Time to get an attorney for you ... or your son.

- Carl
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

im sorry it was my son

1. Sponsored Links