Default Arrested For Battery, Out On Bond, Keeps Getting Arrested

My son lives in Chicago. He was arrested for battery and spent the night in jail. Bond was posted 2,500. He is pleading not guilty. He has pictures of his face all cut up with a belt buckle. He was trying to get out of a relationship. While out on bond the girl claims he is breaking the order of protection. Every week a new warrant is being issued 30,000,50,000 and the last one 150,000. She claimed he is calling her 20times a day. His phone records so no calls. She sent him a e-mail last week saying "Payback" Hope you like paying bail again! They have a court date next week. What can he do?

Default Re: Arrested For Battery (out On Bond) Keep Getting Arrested

Quote Quoting crying day and night
    View Post
    My son lives in Chicago. He was arrested for battery and spent the night in jail. Bond was posted 2,500. He is pleading not guilty. He has pictures of his face all cut up with a belt buckle. He was trying to get out of a relationship. While out on bond the girl claims he is breaking the order of protection. Every week a new warrant is being issued 30,000,50,000 and the last one 150,000. She claimed he is calling her 20times a day. His phone records so no calls. She sent him a e-mail last week saying "Payback" Hope you like paying bail again! They have a court date next week. What can he do?
    I would keep that email and froward it to the local PD. Although I doubt this will do much good. Emails are not admissible in court (to easy to forge).

You might have him get a copy of his phone records. This would prove he's not making the calls.

It must be scary having a girlfriend like that.

Default Re: Arrested For Battery, Out On Bond, Keeps Getting Arrested

This is going to come down to a "he said, she said" and the party with the most evidence to support their claim of harassing calls that violate the order will likely come out on top.

It's rather irrelevent that the calls aren't coming from "HIS phone". Most people have access to more than one phone (work, friends, second line, another cell phone, a VOIP account, etc.)...what will be relevent is that she's able to show that unwanted calls are coming in, and that he's the one calling or instigating the calls. If a court is willing to keep issuing warrants, she must be showing them SOMETHING...althought it certainly could be bogus calls that her own friends or family is making to help provide bogus call lists. It's even possible that she has a cell phone on his account, and is calling herself so that the calls show up on an account with his name on them. Hell hath no fury or underhandness like a woman scorned. Have you son check into the possible ways that she could be using phones connected to him to call herself.

1. Sponsored Links