Default Civil Rights After Felony Conviction Is Set Aside

I am a resident of Michigan; I was convicted of a felony drug possession in Texas, 22 yrs ago. In the state of mi, this would have been filed as a misdemeanor. In my legal document it states "successful completion of probation and paying fines and court cost, conviction will be set aside" I completed my probation and paid all of my court costs. Successfully, my questions are: Must I put on my job application that I was convicted felon? Can I vote? And Can I own a gun? In the state of Michigan?

Default Re: Civil Rights After Felony Conviction Is Set Aside

If your conviction was set aside, then you were not convicted. If you are not sure, confirm that your conviction was in fact set aside, with a full restoration of your civil rights.

Michigan lets convicted felons vote, from the day they get out of jail or prison.

1. Sponsored Links