Default Is It Possible To Ask A Website To Remove My Comment Or My Name From The Comment?

Hi,
    I have posted a negative comment about a company on a website and I made a mistake that I included my first name and last name at the bottom of the comments. Now what's happening is that when someone google searches for my name, that negative comment shows up first. The problem is that other people also responded to the comment and the discussion got pretty ugly that;s why I'd like to remove the whole comment.
    I have asked the web site to either remove my last name or the comment but they are not being cooperative. Is there any way to ask them to do so legally? Or there is nothing I can do about it?

Default Re: Is It Possible To Ask A Website To Remove My Comment Or My Name From The Comment?

Sure, it is possible to ask, and asking will be legal.

But I think what you are trying to say, is there a way to ask them that will make it mandatory for them to do what you want, and so that your request will have the force of law.

No. Short of a court order, they are not obligated to remove the comment just because you ask.

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: Is It Possible To Ask A Website To Remove My Comment Or My Name From The Comment?

Many websites allow you to edit your posts. This one gives you 30 minutes to do so others allow you to edit anytime. You may contact a moderator or admin making the request but they are under no obligation to do so in fact this site warns people (before they post) not to post information that could ID them

Example

1. Sponsored Links