Default Washington State Domestic Violence Penalties?

My 24 yr old son struck me in the face, knocking me to the floor after an argument where I demanded he leave my home. I sustained a prolonged red hand print which the police took pictures of when they came immediately after being called. My juvenile children ages 10,7, 6 were witnesses to the act of violence and were traumatized. Since then my face as turned black and blue where his palm impacted my face.

He's currently in jail for a first time offense from this instance. I'm not familiar with the legal system, having had no problems with the police in my life. He was informed of a no contact order but still contacted me by phone. I found out he wasn't allowed to contact me after the fact and he may face additional problems from violating that order. The order was filed by the state for a term of 6 months.

His bond is $1,000 so I assume bail was set at $10,000. He has no means to bail himself out, nor any other means to acquire the money. What are the likely outcomes for punishment for this situation? If he can't pay how long will they likely keep him? When he does go to court what will the Judge possibly order him to do? Mandatory domestic violence classes, fine, more jail time?

I'm struggling to grasp the whole picture involved. What he's done is horrible, but he's still my son and I do care what happens to him. I'd just like a general idea what to expect. He wanted me to bail him out but I think that sends the wrong message to him. I won't assist him. He needs to understand his actions have consequences. Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Default Re: Washington State Domestic Violence Penalties?

We would need to know what state, and if possible the exact statute number(s) he was charged under.

Default Re: Washington State Domestic Violence Penalties?

The state is Washington (not D.C.). How would I find out the statue number he was charged under? So far the police only given me a case number and I also have an inmate number for the Lynnwood holding facility.

1. Sponsored Links