Default Mother Wants To Emancipate Me

i am 17 years old with 3 months left till graduation i live in missouri and my mom and i fight ALL the time. i have ran away before when i was 16 and recently disappeared because my mom and i do not get along at all my dad and step mom are getting a divorce and so moving in with them may not be an option even though my dad would be up to it i dont think it would be a much better situation. i fought with my mom again last night and would like to move out well my mom wants to emancipate me and to be honest it is scary if i found someone else to live with like the lady i babysit for when i got emancipated would that work possibly i need help with a lot so please help me in what ever way you can

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: We Fight ALL THE TIME

Emancipation is about self support what you desribe does not fit that desription

Default Re: Mother Wants To Emancipate Me

Your mother can not just go to court and have you emancipated because she's impatient to have you gone.

Emancipation isn't even for minors who are frustrated with their parents.

It's meant for minors who, through no fault of their own (or through extraordinary circumstances created by their own actions, such as in many cases of child actors), have found themselves in the position of taking on all the responsibilities of adulthood - holding full time employment, paying rent, buying groceries, dealing with utility companies and other such headaches - while still encumbered by laws meant to protect minors. For example, your parents have both died in an accident and there is no legal guardian named. You get a job and completely support yourself, but because you must be 18 to legally enter into a contract, you're having a hard time getting an apartment. Or you can't get electric service turned on in your name.

If she boots you out, contact Social Services.

well i mean i want to get out of her house we dont get along and never have she told me i was the practice child becasue im the oldest of 3 i want out all we do is fight

That's not what emancipation is for.

well she picked me up unexpectedly from school and said she talked to a lawyer and they said it would be pointless to emancipate me because i turn 18 in 3 months so i pretty much just left and im staying with the lady i babysit for,

Quote Quoting kacilynn08
    View Post
    well she picked me up unexpectedly from school and said she talked to a lawyer and they said it would be pointless to emancipate me because i turn 18 in 3 months so i pretty much just left and im staying with the lady i babysit for,

I agree, if you had even qualified to be emancipated (which you didn't), you would either have turned 18 or would have soon.

If your parents don't care if you stay somewhere else, then that is different.

oh trust me my mom cares but she is tired of fighting too there is nothing else to do i dont think

1. Sponsored Links