Default Laywer Fees For A Drunk Driving Case

I'm young and I don't know much about getting lawyers especially for a DUI. This is my 1st DUI and 1st time being arrested. I was quoted at 4500 total including trial if necessary. It seems a bit too high... also his Law Clerk or Associate is going to be working on my case also...

What do you guys think?

Default Re: Laywer Fees For A Drunk Driving Case

sound reasonable

If the attorney has a great track record of getting people acquitted or getting them to a less than DUI sentence (reckless, etc.) then the fees are reasonable. If it's just to represent you for a guilty plea bargain, they are about $3k too high. A plea bargain is better than a flat guilty plea. If that $4500 is for a jury trial then you are either getting a steal of a deal or a less than competent attorney. Jury trials start in the $5k range.

Quote Quoting phong73
    View Post
    I'm young and I don't know much about getting lawyers especially for a DUI. This is my 1st DUI and 1st time being arrested. I was quoted at 4500 total including trial if necessary. It seems a bit too high... also his Law Clerk or Associate is going to be working on my case also...

What do you guys think?
    Good grief!

I didn't realize that lawyers in your neck of the woods were so danged cheap!

You're lucky....

U Should Not Need Legal Council Untill U Have The Info From States Attrn. U Personaly Have To Call Them Before Your Next Court Date To Request It To See What There After From U Then At Your Next Court Date You May Request A New Court Date In Telling Them U Recieved The Info From States Attrn. And Your Going To Consult With A Lawyer. That Shoud Give U Atleast Till Mid March To Save A Few Pennys Also U Personaly Know All The Info Before Consulting An Lawyer

Just to give you an idea of prices that I had 4 years ago when I was arrested for DUI.
    $500 - Meet me in court and plea guilty on my behalf. No help before or after that.
    $1500 - Bench trial for no more than 2 hours with no testimony other than the officer's testimony.
    $1500 - Plea me out and work a deal with the prosecutor to get me favorable terms (such as no roadside pickup), but still a guilty plea.
    $5000 - Trial, with Jury, up to 2 days. Unlimited pre-trial continuances.
    $10,000 - $15,000 plus expert's expenses - Let's call these 2 lawyers Bubby and Larry. They are the best in the nation. The unfortunate thing is that I would have paid the $10k, but they weren't BARred in NC.

Cheers,

UBF

1. Sponsored Links