Default Length of Contract Term in Question in Oregon

Hello,

In December 2008, a Dish contractor installed a WildBlue satellite dish at our rural rental home. When the installation was complete, my husband was asked to sign an "acknowledgement of installation", which he did. It was later found that this "acknowledgement" was actually a Service Agreement with Dish. The signed agreement stipulates 12 months of service as the "initial term".

The installer did not provide any information to us - he simply installed the equipment, asked for the "installation acknowledgement" to be signed, and departed. Before leaving, he gave us several pieces of paper, including "pages 2-6" of what appears to be an untitled WildBlue agreement. He provided no explanation of any papers - again, it was only after he left and we looked at the papers that we discovered there was a contractual agreement. These pages 2-6 say the "initial term" is 18 months, not 12, as the signed paper states.

A WildBlue representative has told us that Dish resells WildBlue, and the standard Dish contract for WildBlue service is for 18 months.

My question is: Which term length is binding - the Dish contract for 12 months that we signed, or the 18-month "standard" WildBlue term?

Thank you.

Default Re: Length of Contract Term in Question in Oregon

I can't read the contract or other documents from here, and am thus not positioned to interpret them for you. If you cannot figure out what the documents mean, and how they interrelate, by reading them you can consider running the documents past a lawyer.

Thank you for your time.

RESOLUTION:

Thought I'd post back for anybody who might be interested - we called to schedule last day of service, and the 12-month term was acknowledged as the binding contract. No early cancellation fees will apply in this case.

1. Sponsored Links