Default Unauthorized Charge For 'Free' Merchandise After A Return

I recently purchased a home entertainment package which included TV, speakers, etc from a well known electronics retailer.. The package included a $800 speaker set which allowed me to have a free sub woofer worth $500. The sub was to be delivered to the store in about a week.

Few days later i decide to return the speakers at a different location, this was prior to picking up the sub. So i was refunded the full amount ( i was there around noon). i assumed the returned speakers would register in their system and cancel the sub order...Later that evening i guess they realized it was a package deal and they charged me $500 for the free sub that was included in the package. Mind you this was without my consent or signature, i wasn't even present at the store.. 2-3 days later i check my statement online to see the refund for the speakers and to my surprise i see the $500+ charge... Doesnt this constitute as fraud? can they do this without my consent?

i have all receipts showing when i was actually there and when they made the charge to my account.When i called about it 2-3 days later they asked me to come in and get my new receipts.. b/c i wasnt there when they made the charge to my card.

Legally what does this mean?

Default Re: To Fraud Or Not To Fraud

From what you say, it appears that you ordered the speakers and subwoofer. You subsequently only canceled part of your order, and thus the "free" subwoofers were no longer free.

Why didn't you contact the store, clarify your intentions, and cancel the subwoofer? That would resolve everything, right?

Default Re: Unauthorized Charge For 'Free' Merchandise After A Return

Quote Quoting exegesis_saves
    Later that evening i guess they realized it was a package deal and they charged me $500 for the free sub that was included in the package.
    Who is "they"? The first store or the second?

1. Sponsored Links