Default Inadmissibility Seeking I-212 Waiver To Apply For H1-B

Hi,

I was being inadmissiible last year in July, 2007 they have put me under section 212(a)(6)(C)(i) and 212(a)(7)(a)(i)(I), they have put 5 years bar on me, I am not sure if under above sections you get a lifetime bar ( this is one of the attorney told me).

I am trying to get an I-212 waiver, one of the attorbey said that u can still apply for the H1-B and once your H1-B is approved, then you can apply for waiver, is this the way it works, please comment on this.

It would be a great help if anyone of you can recommed me the right attorney who specializes in such cases, their approx fees, as I never got in such things before so have no idea.

looking for sooner response.

Default Inadmissibility, And Seeking I-212 Waiver To Apply For H1-B

Hi,

I was being inadmissiible last year in July, 2007 they have put me under section 212(a)(6)(C)(i) and 212(a)(7)(a)(i)(I), they have put 5 years bar on me, I am not sure if under above sections you get a lifetime bar ( this is one of the attorney told me).

I am trying to get an I-212 waiver, one of the attorbey said that u can still apply for the H1-B and once your H1-B is approved, then you can apply for waiver, is this the way it works, please comment on this.

It would be a great help if anyone of you can recommed me the right attorney who specializes in such cases, their approx fees, as I never got in
    such things before so have no idea.

Is it possible for me that I can file my I-212 waiver directly, if anyone of you have done the same please share your exprience, is it a good idea to do like this.

looking for sooner response.

Default Re: Inadmissibility Seeking I-212 Waiver To Apply For H1-B

If you try to enter by committing fraud, INA 212(a)(6)(C)(i) results in permanent ineligibility to enter the United States. Grounds for waiver are extremely narrow:

You cannot get a visa until you get a waiver, so there doesn't appear to be any point in applying for an H1B visa in advance of successfully obtaining a waiver. Ask your lawyer to clarify what he meant.
    Quote Quoting INA 212(i)
    (1) The Attorney General may, in the discretion of the Attorney General, waive the application of clause (i) of subsection (a)(6)(C) in the case of an immigrant who is the spouse, son, or daughter of a United States citizen or of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, if it is established to the satisfaction of the Attorney General that the refusal of admission to the United States of such immigrant alien would result in extreme hardship to the citizen or lawfully resident spouse or parent of such an alien.

(2) No court shall have jurisdiction to review a decision or action of the Attorney General regarding a waiver under paragraph (1).
    If you wish to consult an immigration lawyer, consider using the AILA directory.

Default Re: Inadmissibility Seeking I-212 Waiver To Apply For H1-B

Hi!
    I think you seeking the 212(d)(3) waiver, but I don't really know how does it work...

1. Sponsored Links