Default Frozen bank account

m parents bank account was frozen by a law firm. They received notice that their court date was November 16.2005 the bank account was frozen on October 9, 2005. I loaned them the money to pay the credit card debt per the attorney as soon as they called him back with a western union receipt he would call and have the account unfrozen. Within an hour we called this attorney back with the receipt number and he said he would take care of it, that was a week ago. My father called today and this lawyer said he sent over the paperwork and my dad told him well my court house hasnt received it he asked if it was sent by mule the lawyer told him guess so and not to call him back... what can we do? if the debt was paid how long does this lawyer have to unfreeze their bank account. They got a court order to freeze it in one day, when my dad asked him that the lawyer said well you shouldve paid your bill.... can he be so nasty now that the debt is paid? Help.......

Your parents may have to bring a motion to have the account unfrozen. Unfortunately that can be tricky to do without a lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links