Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 16 Year Old In Kentucky Seeks Emancipation

im alysa from k.y. and i cant take it with my parents any more im sick of it. my dad lies constantly to my sister and i. my dads girlfriend and i knoq we dont like each other we got in to a fight before. i really hate her.
    im 16 i want to be emancipated. i have a steady job phone and i would have a house to live in. with my boyfriends mom hes 18 has job, car, and home.
    i want to kno can i be emancipated for this espically if i've told my dad i want to live with my mom and he tells me i can't go. and it's because he has full custody i need help.

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: Being On My Own

Emancipation (if your state has a statute) is about "self" support. Living with your BF parent(s) does not meet that.

panther10758 Guest

By the way a quick does not show KY has a statute for process

well what am i supposed to do were engaged when i gradugate were gettin married. i cant take it any more with my parents they suck its not like i couldnt move in with sumonhe and pay rent ya kno

so does that mean that in k.y i cant do it?

panther10758 Guest

You cannot live outside of your parents home without consent. Your state has no statute for emancipation. My advice make the best of it for next two years. Those are your "legal" options

cant i like go to another state and get it done chris's step sister lived in a state and it didn't have emancipation and she went to another state and had it done

panther10758 Guest

I do not know the detail but that would have been illegal based on the limited info you gave so your answer is no! You have no legal options

Default Re: 16 Year Old In Kentucky Seeks Emancipation

No, you cannot go to another state and "have it done". No state is going to emancipate another state's resident in violation of your own state's laws. I don't know what your friend did but I assure you, it is not what you think it was.

Until you are 18, you live where your parents say you live. No court is going to emancipate you because you don't like your dad's girlfriend.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast