Default Libelous Statements Made By Employer In Alaska

Thursday I e-mailed my supervisor that I would not be able to come to work due to my child being ill. My supervisor responded by asking me if I had been out drinking the prior evening.

The e-mails went back and forth; as my supervisor went on to accuse another employee & myself of calling in after a night of drinking on a separate occasion and stating that I appear to be disconnected with those around me. After repeatedly trying to defend myself against this false accusations I decided it was best to contact our HR Dept and disengage in communication with my supervisor for the moment as I felt is was inappropriate, unwarranted & harassing. Our H/R dept. instructed me to contact my supervisor and their immediate supervisor, which I did.

I am in a management position and have never encountered this type or any other type of libel communication by my supervisor.

I have not yet heard anything back as my supervisor's supervisor was out of the office the last part of the week and will not be back until Monday.

I didn't go to work the next day because I was incredibly uncomfortable and did not want to be exposed to any type of altercation with my supervisor.

What reasonable expectation should I have once Monday is here?

Default Re: Libel Statements Made By Employer In Alaska

You should expect to be fired for your no-call, no-show on Friday.

And for the record, while I am not defending your supervisor, what he did does not reach the level of libel, slander, or defamation of any kind.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    You should expect to be fired for your no-call, no-show on Friday.

And for the record, while I am not defending your supervisor, what he did does not reach the level of libel, slander, or defamation of any kind.
    I did call in Friday and offered to work the weekend. I was denied to work the weekend, as was everyone else in the dept.
    As far as not being considered libel, slander or defamation of any kind; I would have to say that at the least her accusations were extremely inappropriate and should not be taken lightly.

They might have been inappropriate but would not be considered libel/slander/defamation.

1. Sponsored Links