Default Paternity Test Laws in Florida

I have received two letters to submit to a paternity test. At the advice of a lawyer who specializes in Men's rights I have ignored both letters. He stated to me that we should "make the state work" in getting me in to test.
    I have been named as on of three possible fathers to a 5 year old. I dated this girl once...we never had sexual relations. This was in 2000. I believe I should not have to submit to a test because I have never slept with this woman. I am very big on principle and I believe I should not have to submit. I have rights as well. I need assistance in determining those rights.
    I do not want to be arrested if I refuse. There has to be something I can do about this.
    Please help me.

Steve

Default Paternity Test

If you're not the father and can't be the father, why not take the test and resolve the matter?

Default Thank you for your response.

I can understand why you would be missing my point. I am certain that I must have specific rights regarding this issue. I recently spent several hundered dollars on an attorney specializing in Men's Rights laws and all he told me was to skip the testing. He was informative as he gave me the projected child support payments for my situation ets... This is not what I wanted to hear. I wanted to hear all my options for not taking the test in the first place. I do not feel as thought I should have to submit to something so private considering I never had intercourse with this woman.
    I did my own research and discovered that I can protest the order to appear for genetic testing according to Florida State Statute. To say I am upset at this so-called lawyer is an undertatement. Tell me your thoughts.

Default Paternity Test

I think you're going to be ordered to take the test, no matter how hard you protest, as the judge is likely to find memories of dates to be fuzzy after five years. The more you protest and try to avoid being tested, the more the judge seems likely to infer that you believe the test will show you to be the father.

1. Sponsored Links