My husband and I live in Florida. We are going on a cruise next month. He couldn't find his birth certificate, so we went to the Health Dept to get another one. The clerk gave us a birth certificate with my husband's father's last name on it. Apparently, the birth certifcate was changed back in 1993 after paternity was established. At that time my husband was a teenager. But he has never used his father's last name. Everything from his school records, marriage records, and my daughter's last name carries my husband's mother's maiden name. We would like a birth certificate with his mother's maiden name. Is there is an easy way to obtain one quickly and without going to court?