Default Bankruptcy, Multiple Addresses, and Filing Federal And State Taxes

I need help, Please.

I lived in PA my whole life, own a home there. I lost my job 1.5 years ago, and I had to file bankruptcy in april of 2007. For the past 8 months I have been staying with a friend and working in Missouri. But my home is in PA, but been using my friends address for local employment.

My question is:

Do I file my federal and state taxes for Pennsylvania like I always have? If I do that, and on my PA forms, put down taxes that were paid to MO, or do I have to file MO only, and if I do that, PA will be looking for me for taxes? Or if I do the PA income tax, will MO be after me for a tax return?

Also, does my bankruptcy and chapter 13 payment plan affect my tax return at all?

I am in need of help. I always do my taxes myself cause I cannot afford to pay an accountant right now.

Please help.

Default Re: Bankruptcy, Multiple Addresses, and Filing Federal And State Taxes

Quote Quoting simply_best10
    View Post
    I need help, Please.

I lived in PA my whole life, own a home there. I lost my job 1.5 years ago, and I had to file bankruptcy in april of 2007. For the past 8 months I have been staying with a friend and working in Missouri. But my home is in PA, but been using my friends address for local employment.

My question is:

Do I file my federal and state taxes for Pennsylvania like I always have? If I do that, and on my PA forms, put down taxes that were paid to MO, or do I have to file MO only, and if I do that, PA will be looking for me for taxes? Or if I do the PA income tax, will MO be after me for a tax return?

Also, does my bankruptcy and chapter 13 payment plan affect my tax return at all?

I am in need of help. I always do my taxes myself cause I cannot afford to pay an accountant right now.

Please help.
    You would file a part year return for PA, and a part year return for MO. That is fairly complicated to do, and honestly you might be better of using a tax pro.

1. Sponsored Links