Default Ex Holding Back On College Tuition

My ex and I went to court 4 months ago, because we couldn't agree on terms in our contract and for complaint for modification. It took 3 court appearances before we went to trial, and I got the state mandated child support for our one remaining child. My ex is a wealthy retired man, but he is cheap as can be and resentful.

There were several small issues which were never brought up in court, since both of our attorneys considered these issues "petty" and a wash.......the main issue was child support.

Our divorce agreement states we share college tuition. He pays 2/3 and I pay 1/3.
    I recently sent him a tuition bill, and he intentionally held back on $1000. because of an old issue which he feels was never brought up in court, but he feels is rightfully money due him. I disagree, and consider this issue a dead one, since it was not addressed in court, and over a year old. I also didn't get certain money issues addressed, and can live with it.......hence, the "wash".

Given that the issue is $1000. and I would pay 1/3 of that, I still feel he has no right to make his own decisions, especially since we went to court over these issues. I have threatened him with another court appearance,and feel the judge would certainly rule in my favor........I would also ask for court and attorney fees, lost wages, and a punitive damage given that he has violated the court order. I want the judge to see how unreasonable and cheap he is, especially given his wealth of assets (well over 2 million in cash and property).

Will we get the same judge as previously? He was fair and reasonable in my opinion.

Does my ex have any case whatsoever?

Do I need to spend another 3 to 4 K in attorney fees? I felt my lawyer did little for me, and I could represent myself.........the case is very simple and straight forward.

Thanks for any opinion and all replies appreciated.

Default Re: Ex Holding Back On College Tuition

I think you got your answers here.

1. Sponsored Links