Default Tresspassing And Refusing Use Of Right Of Way

In 2002 I gave 1 acre with a 30 foot easement to my step-daughter she moved on to it but refuses to use the easement instead she travels on my property. Since this time I have tried to sell my land and so has my niece and daughter who own property adjoining mine but my step-daughter pulls up the signs as well as pulled up all of the survey steaks. I contacted the Madison County, FL Sheriffs office and they said I can't prove it was them and we have to physically catch them. There is only her, her husband and one neighbor who she is friends with out there as this place is in the middle of nowhere. I have put up no trespass signs as directed by the sheriffs office and when they went missing again the sheriffs office said prove it! By the way did I mention that the sheriff and the few deputy's in this small town are friends of the girl's father. I did get a no trespass warning but the police refuse to do anything and keep saying prove. We still try to sell the property and the realtor's are disgusted as their signs keep going missing. Now they have put a gate up and and made a deal with the neighbor on the corner that blocks me, my daughter and my niece from having access to our property at all so we now have to walk to the back of my property to even has access but I have a giant spring in between my back 20 and their 5 acres each so an easement there is impassable. We contacted an attorney and had him draw up papers for all of us to agree to share the easement but she has refused to sign it. Only one other man ... has property and he has agreed to give an easement to all of us but everyone must agree so 5 of us said yes but of course the step-daughter who blocked everyone and the guy who is her friend said no so Denis Lee said he is not getting involved. So after paying money to one lawyer now we have to find another way. The road that has been used for 10 years was closed up 3 years ago and now the new easement has a gate so what are we to do. These people have harassed us at every point and as I divorce their father it has gotten progressively worse.

Default Re: Tresspassing And Refusing Use Of Right Of Way

Sorry - I followed the first part, but starting around where you introduced the gate you lost me. Can you try using normal sentence structure and paragraphs, and state the facts a bit more clearly? Thanks.

Default Re: Tresspassing And Refusing Use Of Right Of Way

Four differnet property owners used one road to gain access to their indivihual properties. One of the owners made a deal with the gentleman who actually owns the road we have been utilizing over the past couple of years to let her put up a gate to block eveyone out. We contacted him and he reused to let us have access. We then hired a lawyer to contact the only other party that has land out there to get an easment. That gentleman said yes, had his land surveyed then stated that the only way he will let us have an easement is if all parties agree to give each other easments as well. All of us agreed except of course the girl who put up the gate and the owner of the original road we used in the past. The question is what papers do we need to file in order to get an easment onto our properties. Isn't there a law in Florida that prohibits people from delibertly landlocking people that own rual land?

1. Sponsored Links