Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Chesapeake, VA

    Default Moving In With Father Against Guardian's Wishes

    hello my name is Tamara Hickox im 17 years old i have been living with my grandparents after my moms death last year my father is still alive and i want to be with him if i walk out and go be with him will i be classified as a run away?? he is willing to pay for my ticket to get there!! will i be able to do this??

    Tamara Hickox

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Living with Grandparents

    Did your grandparents go to court to get a legal guardianship over you? If so, your father should consult a family lawyer about your situation. If not, and you are just living with your grandparents because they took you in after your mother died, then despite your living arrangement your father probably has custody by virtue of operation of law.

    It would probably be a good idea, one way or the other, for your father to consult a family lawyer and confirm what is going on.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Mother Moving Out of State Wishes to Change Visitation
    By cwbates in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 10:52 PM
  2. Guardian Wishes to Retain Custody
    By horatio in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 03:28 AM
  3. Moving Out Against Parents' Wishes
    By fdsdfg in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 09:59 AM
  4. Guardianship: Guardian Not Respecting Ward's Wishes
    By teller701 in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 07:32 AM
  5. Guardianship: Guardian wishes to transfer guardianship in case of death
    By AnneB in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources