Default Statute of Limitations For Work On Home

I live in Tampa, FL and had a solar pool heater installed on my roof in 2000.
    This year, I discovered roof leaks caused by the solar panels and poor installation. The installation of the solar panels caused numerous leaks in my roof and damage that was not visible until repairs were made. When does the statute of limitations start on this. When the solar was installed or when the damage was discovered? Thanks.

Default Re: Florida Small Claims

I think you're looking at this statute:
    Quote Quoting Florida Statutes, Sec. 95.11 Limitations other than for the recovery of real property.
    Actions other than for recovery of real property shall be commenced as follows:

(3) WITHIN FOUR YEARS. -

(c) An action founded on the design, planning, or construction of an improvement to real property, with the time running from the date of actual possession by the owner, the date of the issuance of a certificate of occupancy, the date of abandonment of construction if not completed, or the date of completion or termination of the contract between the professional engineer, registered architect, or licensed contractor and his or her employer, whichever date is latest; except that, when the action involves a latent defect, the time runs from the time the defect is discovered or should have been discovered with the exercise of due diligence. In any event, the action must be commenced within 10 years after the date of actual possession by the owner, the date of the issuance of a certificate of occupancy, the date of abandonment of construction if not completed, or the date of completion or termination of the contract between the professional engineer, registered architect, or licensed contractor and his or her employer, whichever date is latest.

1. Sponsored Links