Default New Speeding Ticket While On Court Supervision

Based on Illinois Law.

Okay, I was late quite a few months ago for curfew, and I so I was speeding home. I was going 80 mph in a 65 (Sept 9). I went to court for the first time on Oct. 10 and asked for supervision, but I was turned down because I didn't have my parents with me. I went back on the 24 of October with my mom and I received court supervision. Okay so far no problems.

Well they placed me on court supervision for 3 months. Well this last Friday (Dec. 21) I was coming home from a friends. I was speeding because I was listening to a good song, I didn't mean to speed, but I got pulled over and received another speeding ticket. The court date on this ticket is optional and on Jan. 23.

I have a few questions.

1. What date do they use to start the court supervision?
    2. Would this second ticket go through as a violation of my court supervision?
    3. If it is indeed on in violation of my supervision, what consequences will this bring?

PS- I know not to speed, I am investing in a radar. My car has no cruise control so when I am jamming out to a good song, I often forget to watch my speed. It is a problem I NEED to fix.

Default Re: New Speeding Ticket While On Court Supervision

Usually the probation starts when the judge issues the order. You can check with the DMV.

I would assume that both tickets will go on your record unless you can get the second one dismissed. The DMV and the insurance company can tell you the consequences.

1. Sponsored Links