Question Time for Filing a Trustee's Report of Sale

I am in Texas. Does anyone have any knowledge on the time limit, if any, that a Trustee in a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy case has to file/enter a "Trustee's Report of Sale"?

In this specific case Trustee sold 3 firearms that were scheduled as "personal property of Debtor" back to the Debtor in exchange for $500.00 in April 2006. Proceeds benefitted his estate. The "Trustees Report of Sale" was filed/entered on December 17, 2007.

Note that in April 2006, case was "No Asset". August 2006, case changed to "Asset". Debtor received discharge in September 2006. Case currently remains open, as Trustee attempting to recover additional property.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Time for Filing a Trustee's Report of Sale

Usually the trustee's report of sale must be filed very quickly (e.g., within five days after the sale). You need to check your local bankruptcy rules.

Exclamation Mr Knowitall, you were RIGHT!

Thank you for replying. You are correct, by the way, Texas Bankruptcy Rules only allow 30 days for filing the Report of Sale.

Now that I have this information, how can I use it in court in order to protect myself and my property? If you have a couple of minutes please read my two former posts which can be accessed here:

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37518

and since the "additional property" I referred to in my last is mine, is there possibly any way that I can use this "late filing" to my advantage? Pls note that I am only seeking a way to GET OUT of this nightmare with my property...I do not wish/nor hope to ever recoup anything from the debtor....thank you in advance for your help!

Default Re: Mr Knowitall, you were RIGHT!

When you reply to your own thread you make people think it has an answer, so you caused a lot of people to overlook your other thread.

1. Sponsored Links