Default Automobile Accident With No Insurance

last year i was test driving a car, before i even drove it i made sure the insurance was valid, which on the card proved that it was, well i got in an accident and now i got no licence cause the insurance wasnt valid. the rental car i hit is suing me, and until i pay them they wont let me get my license. the thing is the person who was driving the rental car didnt even have a license and im pretty sure no insurance, and im here to ask if there is anything i can do to get my license bak a lot quicker, really fast, and since the rental agency that owns the car wont return any of my phone calls to see what i can do to resolve this crisis. does anyone have any ideas on what could help me.

Default Re: Automobile Accident With No Insurance

It seems you are saying the accident was your fault - you hit a rental car.

Was the car you were test driving a car from a dealership? Did the dealership not have valid ins. on the car or did you not have valid ins.? Was there any damage to the car you were test driving?

no, even on the police report the statement was a no fault accident, it was a no fault accident. and no, the car i hit was the rental car.

Quote Quoting Betty3
    View Post
    It seems you are saying the accident was your fault - you hit a rental car.

Was the car you were test driving a car from a dealership? Did the dealership not have valid ins. on the car or did you not have valid ins.? Was there any damage to the car you were test driving?
    no, it was a no fault accident.

and the car i was test driving was from a single owner. but the dealership i doubt had insurance, because the person i hit didnt even pass down a card to the officer on scene. but i found out a week later that the car i was driving didnt have valid insurance even with a valid insurance card. there was damage to the car i was driving, but i didnt get it estimated, so thats out of the way.

What I understand from your posts neither party had valid insurance. Therefore; since there is no ins. cos. involved, the partys will have to work it out among theirselves who pays for what. If you can't work it out & it ends up in court, the court will decide who owes who what or whether each party takes care of their own damage.

Are you saying the car you were driving had damage but you *didn't* get an estimate?

1. Sponsored Links