Default Mistreated By Store and Police After False Shoplifting Accusation

business owner never been arrested never had a ticket

-Bought 1,792 dollars at 5 registers at Macy's . My items were left at each register for carry out 3 in total .

- went to car with Macy's carry out personnel for first couple of bags. i did not carry them

-Came back in .

- Was walking to another register to get items awaiting me when store security came up to me asked me to come with them , i asked why , they said we will talk to you in the back. I said you can talk to me here?

- 20 year old girl jumps on my back , slams me against a wall and puts handcuffs on me .

- I then go to the back , they will not answer any questions , will not tell me why I am there . I get ice my head is swelling , no phone calls they take my purse out of sight out of the room , ask me to take my picture I say no , they do not .

- five hours go buy they keep telling me the police are coming they will explain .

- as an aside i end up in the hospital with a serious head injury a mini stroke.

- while in the hospital a police officer shows up says are you this person, i said yes then he has the wrong address for me, asks if he can look through my wallet i say yes he sees my receipts and asks me to wait , comes back in and says you bought these items i say yes.

- another officer now comes in and he accuses me of being someone else , asks me why I have two American expresses. i tell him one for business one for personal . He says sure who buys 1,700 dollars in pillowcases .

-next I am checked out of the hospital by the police officer , i am saying nothing at this point. get to the jail never seen one in 45 years , they start to do paperwork a police doctor comes over and instructs them to take me BACK to the hospital immediately that i could be having a stroke.

-Back i go , now three hours go by the officer comes in and says it is my lucky day he does not have time to wait two days in the hospital for me and that they had looked at the wrong arrest of another person and concluded it was not me . "but Macy's has to decide what they want to do , I had them credit your purchases over back to your card"

-three weeks later my items are not returned to my card i call Macy's ask for the manager , he says ohh i am sorry we did not know how to get a hold of you we will return the items today . I get off the phone .

- Today a month later i get a letter in the mail from Macy's not certified regular mail from loss prevention department. it says they are trying to recoup civil damages under Nevada statute nrs 597.860 civil collection of a person who steels merchandise. I am stunned they want immediate payment of 1,000 for what i have no idea. they state it is separate from any criminal charges that may arise. please call us at ....i know not to sign this , i know i need a lawyer .

- what kind of lawyer and does anyone know or understand what this letter is ???

Default Re: MACYS INCIDENT In NEVADA CLARK COUNTY WHAT TO DO ?

Just get a personal injury attorney... this is a civil matter.

The store screwed up, big time. That letter to you was an absolutely boneheaded play on their part.

You should file suit. If you are not into the lawsuit thing, I would call Federated's corporate offices and ask to speak to LP.

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: MACYS INCIDENT In NEVADA CLARK COUNTY WHAT TO DO ?

I agree and I suspect Macy's will be quick to settle this with you and avoid court

Default Re: Mistreated By Store and Police After False Shoplifting Accusation in Nevada

sue sue sue!!!!!

Default Re: Mistreated By Store and Police After False Shoplifting Accusation

I thought only LEOs could touch you.

I would press charges on the security guard that hurt you, if possible in NV. I would also file charges for false imprisonment.

Also...Sue the bastards.

Default Re: Mistreated By Store and Police After False Shoplifting Accusation

Quote Quoting differcult
    View Post
    I thought only LEOs could touch you.

I would press charges on the security guard that hurt you, if possible in NV. I would also file charges for false imprisonment.

Also...Sue the bastards.
    sorry wrong. Any bussiness has the right to detain a subject with in reason. So they can touch. But in this case that is not the issue.

1. Sponsored Links