Default Marriage To An Illegal Alien

I am trying to get married to an illegal alien so that I can fix his papers and make him legal here. what do I do? Who can help me? I'm not rich, so is there another way to doing it without spending an arm and leg? HELP!!!

Default Marriage to Circumvent Immigration Laws

It doesn't work that way - marriage is not an end-run around immigration laws. I suppose it could help if after marriage there were a deportation proceeding, and you could establish a hardship associated with the deportation which would cause the court to reconsider the likely 10 year exclusion that would otherwise follow. But given your description, it seems like the marriage is a sham (that is, its sole purpose is to get around immigration laws) in which case the marriage would likely be disregarded at the time of deportation.

He should bite the bullet and consult an immigration lawyer about his situation.

If you love the person, and want to get married, and he entered here with inspection, then he should be able to get his Green Card. I don't know the exact circumstances of his case and immigration history...

You should consult with an imigration attorney.

I know by experience. But could be different now. My ex-husband was an immigrant when I married him. If you file yourself at immigration, with your husband, it is a lot cheaper than an immigration lawyer. You can also as the INS for a list of pro bono lawyers, which sometimes are necessary. They will also know if the marriage is a sham or if it is love, by a series of ?'s at the interview process.

1. Sponsored Links