Exclamation Caught With Five Pipes In My Car

ok so i am 19. me and 2 of my friends where sitting at a park in ohio waiting for my girlfriend to get off work. it was about 11:30pm. we where just sitting at a picinic table when a cop pulled up. he got out and told us it was past dark and that we could not be there. the first thing he did was search us. then after finding nothing he looked in my car that was parked in the parking lot. he saw a marijuana pipe that my friend left sitting on the back seat. he then searched the car and found a total of 5 pipes. i admitted that 3 were mine. i was arrested and sat in jail all night. i was charged with drug paraphernalia and being in a park after dark. my uncle is my lawyer and he got the court date pushed back to dec. 13 2007. it is a jury trail. so i was wondering what kind of punishment i was looking at. i would really not like to spent christmas in jail. and i dont know if it matters at all but i was not read any rights what so ever. none. so maybe admitting that the pipes where mine will be thrown out? i dont know. please help if you have any knowledge on the subject.

Default Re: 5 pipes found in car, need help PLEASE!

Comon people, give us info to avoid unneeded ?'s

Do you have a prior record? Adult and Juvenile?

Are you willing to admit you might have a problem and a willingness to treat that problem?

Miranda rights having to be read isnt a big deal anymore if it isnt a serious crime without interriogation or lines of questioning.

ANapaGuy

ok sorry for the lack of info. bu i stated i was 19. so that would be adult. i have no prior record besides an accident and a speeding ticket. and i guess i could say i tell them i have a problem if it helps. but really i dont. cause i rarely smoke. i mean i will pass a drug test for sure considering this happened in august and i've been sober ever since. and the miranda rights arent that big of a deal anymore? wow that sucks for me. i thought those were important and it shouldnt matter how severe the case is. but if thats how it is. i guess it doent matter.

This being your 1st offense and them not finding any dope in the car, only pipes, you will get off with 1-3 years probabation, maybe some community service possible search and seisure, maybe drug testing will be required during your term of probation.
    Probation will be of a summary type most likely, where you just have to stay out of trouble and not monitored that much. You will get some court cost fines and might possibly have to attend some AA/NA meetings

Time served will be ordered if you were arrested (1 day credit time served in jail just for stepping foot in the facility)

These things I mention are common 1st time punishments and I have worked in a recovery type facility dealing with alot of people in similar cases.

Even if jail time was ordered (which I dont see any additional time) that could be served after Christmas by letting the judge know you need to get things in order before imprisonment, but I am not seeing time in this case.

Having a job helps the judge not wanna throw you behind bars also!

ANapaGuy

Default Re: Caught With Five Pipes In My Car

ok that helps a lot. thank you so much.

1. Sponsored Links