Default Will Disproving Paternity Help With Child Support in Colorado

I know I am not the father of my eldest son, Everyone knows I am not the father including the courts, I never signed an affidavid stating paternity, but I did sign the Birth certificate, my ex and I got married 9 months after he was born we were married 5 years, now 10 years later, his aunt and uncle have custody of him and are coming after me for child support if I have a DNA test done which will prove I am not the father, will I still be responsible for back child support that they are saying I owe them???

Default Re: Can a DNA test help with child support in colorado?

Quote Quoting dmansmomma
    View Post
    I know I am not the father of my eldest son, Everyone knows I am not the father including the courts, I never signed an affidavid stating paternity, but I did sign the Birth certificate, my ex and I got married 9 months after he was born we were married 5 years, now 10 years later, his aunt and uncle have custody of him and are coming after me for child support if I have a DNA test done which will prove I am not the father, will I still be responsible for back child support that they are saying I owe them???
    You are the legal father to this child. You excepted that responsibility when you signed the BC KNOWING you were not the biological father to this child. You are now legally responsible for the support of YOUR child.

Seeing as how I did sign the birth certificate, the state says I am not legally responsible nor do I have any parental rights to this child to begin with because I did not adopt nor am I biologically linked so how am I responsible for paying child support?? I didn't sign an affidavid of Paternity, I have no rights so whats the deal???

Obviously there's something that you're not telling us, relating to your divorce judgment, or some other court order relating to these issues and your parental rights. All I can really do is suggest that you hire a lawyer and get help figuring out your rights.

Default Re: Will Disproving Paternity Help With Child Support in Colorado

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/show...953#post150953

More information regarding this OP.

1. Sponsored Links