Default Can the Mother Change Her Mind About Back Support

My daughter is 17 & i started to pay child support for her on October of 07 till she is out of high school. No problem here. When they asked her if she wanted backpay she said no. We all signed & been paying up like i am supposed to. She recently asked me to help her pay to get our daughter a car but i cannot afford it & my x is very upset about this. I have a feeling she is going to try to change her mind now about the backpay. Is it possible for her to do this, it has me worried. She is in Colorado. I told her i would help otu with like $300 but i cant afford $1000 for a downpayment, she wants to go half.

Default Re: can she change her mind??

Quote Quoting pelon213
    View Post
    My daughter is 17 & i started to pay child support for her on October of 07 till she is out of high school. No problem here. When they asked her if she wanted backpay she said no. We all signed & been paying up like i am supposed to. She recently asked me to help her pay to get our daughter a car but i cannot afford it & my x is very upset about this. I have a feeling she is going to try to change her mind now about the backpay. Is it possible for her to do this, it has me worried. She is in Colorado. I told her i would help otu with like $300 but i cant afford $1000 for a downpayment, she wants to go half.
    Was the agreement made a part of the court order?
    If so, it's doubtful that she can now ask for retro support. Especially for the reason she is giving. CS pays for part of a child's NEEDS (home, food, clothes, etc) not for thier WANTS, and a car is not a legal need.

Default Re: Can the Mother Change Her Mind About Back Support

This agreement was threw court order. So then there is no going back on her choice then? I really doubt she will take these actions but i am just trying to make sure. It is kind of shady if she does do this but what can you do. Hopefully you are right on this. Thank you for the reply. I will see if she wants to pay the downpayment & i will pay her in payments. It is not that i do not wnat to but bad timing.

Happy holidays
    Angel

1. Sponsored Links