Default Tennessee Repo

tennessee - can a repo man enter a closed garage in tennessee? i am 2 months behind but will have payments current this coming monday. talked with finance company and they agreed to this. they sent a repo tow truck here last night. fortunately i was not home. finance co. will not be open until monday morning. also would like to know if there will be any other charges associated with this? any help is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Tennessee Repo

Are they supposed to enter a closed garage? No. Does it happen, with the repo man claiming "It was wide open"? Sometimes.

It is not legal to break into your garage to take your vehicle. However, as Mr. Knowitall indicated, the repo man could say the garage was wide open. It would be your word against his.

Also, you are in the wrong if you hide or refuse to surrender your vehicle for repossession.

Quote Quoting 463pdc
    View Post
    tennessee - can a repo man enter a closed garage in tennessee? i am 2 months behind but will have payments current this coming monday. talked with finance company and they agreed to this. they sent a repo tow truck here last night. fortunately i was not home. finance co. will not be open until monday morning. also would like to know if there will be any other charges associated with this? any help is greatly appreciated.
    Did you get that fixed. I know if you tell the repo man to get off your private property he has to leave.

1. Sponsored Links