Default Effect of Remarriage on Prior Divorce Judgment

Our Final Judgement of Divorce dated May 7, 1992 in Lake County, Florida. There are a couple of questions I have to ask, for one he was ordered to pay $30.65 per week child support, the last payment he made was on 1-22-93, we have been remarried and divorced again, which the remarriage was not till 1998 and divorced again in 2004 after our son turned 18 yrs. of age.
    My question is about the Divorce in 1992 there was a Judgement granted to me and this is how it reads in the Divorce papers:
    "The Court hereby grants judgement against the Husband, in favor of the Wife, in the amount of $1,645.16, for which let execution issue."
    Can I file a default petition for contempt of court or does this mean I have to go about this in a different manner to collect and can I still collect on this seeing how it is back in 1992?
    Now, on the child support issue, can I file for arrearages even though our son has turned 18 yrs of age?
    I had thought about talking to him about all this to see if he would come to some kind of agreement or should I just go through the Court system, he will try to fight me due to the fact we were remarried and divorced again.
    He has the money now seeing how he recieved his settlement with workers compensation and he waited till we were divorced the 2nd time to settle with them so I would not get any part of it.
    He just has not had the money before and has refused to pay what he owes to me in the past.
    Thanks

Default Effect of Remarriage on Prior Divorce Judgment

Given the passage of time, the subsequent remarriage, and the resolution of your claims through the second divorce judgment, it is unlikely that you have any remaining remedies under the first judgment. If you had a claim to monies from the 1992 judgment, you presumably should have resolved that claim when dividing your estate in 2004.

I this also the case on the child support from the first time we were married that he is behind on?

Default Second Marriage, Second Divorce

If you used a lawyer for your second divorce, I suggest that you ask that lawyer if you have any remaining claims arising from the first divorce judgment.

Neither party used a attorney, we just filed it through the courts when our son turned 18.

1. Sponsored Links