Default Property Management Company Issues

I have been having an issue with a property management company in Pinellas County Florida, over supposide late fees since 2003. The accountant is impossible to work with and her explanation is "you missed a month sometime in 2003". She sent me an excel spredsheet that explains nothing, and is sending me bill after bill verying from $90 to $675 each month. Apparently she is posting each months payment to the fictitious amount owed and not posting it to the monthly maintenance fees, hense late fees. Now I have been sent a notice to lien on my condo. Where do I stand legally? How do I go about fighting this matter? Thanks.

Default Re: Property Management Company Issues

You should be able to figure out from the spreadsheet when the missing payment occurred, and then find proof of that payment from your own financial records.

I have been over the spreadsheet, and not only is there questionable bookkeeping, I even double paid a month. The issue is with the management company, there records say I owe, my cancelled checks prove otherwise. But still a lien is set for my property in less than 10 days, and the legal prosess is lengthy and expensive. Condo owners would rather pay the relativley small fees, than go to court, and they know that. The statement reads, please send payment to "Our Office", not the bank where the fees are sent monthly. I know the easy and cheapest answer is pay the bill, and maybe a small claims filing, but after a payment is made, it might come back as an admittance of owing.

Paying the bill should resolve the lien. Consider paying "under protest" then suing to recover your overpayment in small claims court.

1. Sponsored Links