Default How to Get a Suspended Driver's License Reinstated

I was convicted of my 3rd DUI during a 10year period and paid the price of a manatory jail time. DMV has placed a Lifetime suspension on my drivers license ( they say its 5 years at least).
    Since my last arrest I have been very serious about my recovery and trying to get my professional career back on track.
    Is there any way I can get my drivers license back in any other state other than CT. I will pay just about anything to get my drivers license back.
    I was never involved in any accident and went through a very bad period of my life with alcohol abuse.
    I just want a normal life back....Any suggestions?

Default Driver's License Suspension

It is my understanding that every state will ask you if your license to drive is presently suspended in another state. If you say "yes" they will refuse to issue you a license. If you say "no" and they don't catch it immediately, you will soon afterward be notified that your driver's license has been suspended due to the unreported out-of-state suspension. (And lying on an application for a driver's license may be a criminal act.)

I understand some states are not a member of Driver license compact and do not share or recieve information from other states. (mass and Georgia are two that I know of ).
    Will they find out about my suspended license from CT.?

There are only four states that are not part of the national drivers liscense compact. MA, PA, WI, and GA. This still would be of no help as if you try to get a drivers liscense in one of those states, they will still require you to satisfy the suspension in your home state. The only exception to this rule is the state of Colorado. You would have to become a resident(merely renting an apt. for three months), have no driving while suspended convictions, have been under suspension for at least one year. I can only tell you if this will help if I knew when your convictions were. What they do is take the driving record from your home state and apply it to co state law. Co only goes back five years, so if your first two were over five years old, then you would only have to wait one year from the date of your last conviction. This liscense would be valid in every state but your home state. If you don't qualify because your other convictions are more recent, I would be more concerned with your recovery and the fact that you can get your liscense back in five years. Many states revoke permanently for a third conviction with no appeal process.

best of luck,

Richard

Default Re: Suspended drivers license re-instated

Quote Quoting richard_1972
    There are only four states that are not part of the national drivers liscense compact. MA, PA, WI, and GA. This still would be of no help as if you try to get a drivers liscense in one of those states, they will still require you to satisfy the suspension in your home state. The only exception to this rule is the state of Colorado. You would have to become a resident(merely renting an apt. for three months), have no driving while suspended convictions, have been under suspension for at least one year. I can only tell you if this will help if I knew when your convictions were. What they do is take the driving record from your home state and apply it to co state law. Co only goes back five years, so if your first two were over five years old, then you would only have to wait one year from the date of your last conviction. This liscense would be valid in every state but your home state. If you don't qualify because your other convictions are more recent, I would be more concerned with your recovery and the fact that you can get your liscense back in five years. Many states revoke permanently for a third conviction with no appeal process.

best of luck,

Richard
    Anyone know if this is true? I can't find much on Colorado's website about their laws.

1. Sponsored Links