Default Minor Living With Family On Welfare

A friend of my 16yr. old son, Matthew, who is now 17 has moved out of his home whom he shared with his Mother and older Brother. Due to family problems, this child felt he was treated unfairly by both parent and brother. Matthew was put on probation for domestic violence (a fight with his brother). He has completed all probationary steps and is finally off probation. My question is this...Matthew moved out of his home the day his probation ended (he is 17yrs. old), he moved in with myself, my boyfriend and my 3 teenage children. I'm not sure what the "rules" are for this situation. I can't see the boy living on the street. I've opened my heart and my home to him. What do I need to do? I am currently receiving help from the State of Michigan, e.g. Food Stamps & Cash Assistance, for myself and my own 3 children. My boyfriend is on disability. Matthew is still attending High School, they call me for failure to show, illness, etc. but do I need to contact his parent? How do I get him to be added to my case with the Family Independence Agency if I don't have custody or legal guardianship over him? I'm lost and really need help to do the right thing. Please help.
    Thank You,
    Tina

Default Minor Living With Family On Welfare

You probably can't get welfare benefits for him unless you have legal custody or a legal guardianship.

1. Sponsored Links