Unhappy Car Accident Caused By Driver With No Insurance, Expired License, No Tags

I was involved in a car accident with a girl with an expired drivers license, no car insurance and the car she was driving was her moms and it had no tags and her mom is has a warrant out on her arrest. I went to the emergency room and I have a sprained back & neck. My husband has a sprained neck also. My daughter that was sitting in the back is ok. I have filed a claim under my insurance because I have uninsured motorist with my policy. How do I go out this case? This accident happend in the state of NC.The policy offier belives she lied about were she lives and phone#. Do I need to try and sue her or will the insurance company go after her? I just don't know what to do!

Default Re: Car Accident Caused By Driver With No Insurance, Expired License, No Tags

You make your uninsured motorist claim with your company. (You already did that.) They confirm that she's uninsured. Then you negotiate over how much your insurance company will pay. They can decide if they wish to go after the at-fault driver; you are likely contractually obligated to assist them in any litigation.

1. Sponsored Links