Default Ticketed for Failure To Obey Traffic Signs, for Alleged Rolling Stops

Ok so I got charged for a rolling stop twice at same time. I came to a complete stop but I just gassed it right when it jerked me back into the seat as the wheels came to a complete stop.

I am going to try to fight this case because I think the officer was being unprofessional.

This happened at around 9pm which was dark; the street had no streetlight what so ever and no traffic at all besides me and the cop.

He was on the left side of the stop as I was stopping and going to turn right. I did not know this was a police officer because he was in a Police SUV and he seemed like he had his hi-beams on. This was my 1st time going into this street so I was nervous and it was even worst when you are not familiar with the area and its dark with no street lights or traffic. He followed me and was constantly coming really close to my car (7-9 feet away from my bumper) and he would brake and do it again. This scared the crap out of me because I thought there was some drunk person behind me in a truck and I was driving my mom's new 05 Subaru Impreza WRX STi. So he kept doing that until there was another stop ahead. I came to a complete stop and saw in my rear view mirror as he was coming towards me. I then gassed it and turned left and he did the same and then he turned on his emergency lights and pulled me over. He told me that I did 2 rolling stops and he said he would of charged me for speeding but he didn't know the speed of that street.

I did not want to argue with an officer so I just agreed with him. My hearing is this Friday and I am nervous because I have never pleaded not guilty.

I just wanted to ask couple things. What he was doing was not right at all, he was driving recklessly and trying to scare me because it was dark, no street lights and he looked like he had his hi-beams on.

Another thing is if he says that I didn't come to a complete stop on the 1st stop why didn't he pull me right away? Why did he follow me for half a mile before he pulled me over?

If he says the reason he was trying to get close to my car was to see my license plate can I say that if he can't see my license plate from 7-9feet away but yet he can see my wheels from 100 feet away?

Anyways I am ready to fight this thing, I am really unhappy with it.

Please help if there are some additional things I should know about.

Thank You so much!!!

Default Re: Failed to obey traffic signs. (Not a complete stop) Please help! Court this frida

I don't know what state you're in but would suggest when you plead your case, that you don't mention a single one of the excuses you mentioned in your post; none of them are likely to be the slightest bit helpful.

Default Re: Ticketed for Failure To Obey Traffic Signs, for Alleged Rolling Stops

uhhh then what am I suppose to do? I am in Oregon, I can't get these tickets because I have a chance of having my lincence suspended for 30 days since these will be my 3rd ticket in a year.

Default Re: Ticketed for Failure To Obey Traffic Signs, for Alleged Rolling Stops

UPDATE:

Ok so I guess the officer did a reschedule to next month I just recived my mail from court and they rescheduled it to dec 21. Anyways it says "Fail Obey Traffic Control Dev" and they spelled my name wrong too....

Maybe you'll get lucky and the cop won't show up. The fact that they misspelled your name is meaningless (and really common). I think your case will be tough to win. Let us know how it turns out!

1. Sponsored Links