Exclamation Grandparent Takes On a Fit Mother

Ok I need some help. In 2002 when my daughter was born my parents got divorved I lost my job and I inherited our house and its morgage. I asked my mother to help by takeing her until I got things settled. She and I signed a custody agreement. According to the lawyer because it was an agreement I could change my mind at any time. There is no stipulations or regulations on the agreement. I took care of my daughter and called and seen her until 2004 when I signed up with the ARMY while I was in basic training my 26yr old male boyfriend called me and told me my mother dropped my daughter off with him. I was so worried I left the ARMY to come home and take care of her. I refused to let my mother come and take her because I was upset she did that to my child. Then in 2006 My mother and I made up and I took her in to my home. She then proceeded to ask if she could take my daughter to misouri with her since I was planning on moveing to Texas. After 3 months of her begging we came an agreement. My daughter would spend half the year with my mother and half the year with me, I would be called and informed of decisions reguarding her, and my mother was going to stay at home. And if at anytime I ask or Rox asked to come home she could. After 1 Week there Rox begged to come home. Mom said she couldnt afford to send her and give her another week. After 3 months she still wanted to come home but I was in the process of getting my appartmen so I had to wait then My truck got totalled so I had to wait longer this whole time my mother never stuck to ANY of our arrangements. So now I told her I want to come get my daughter, I gave her a month to get things ready and in order. And she tells me she has custody and she wont give her to me until next year. Can she do that? And once more that paper is dismisseable right?

Default Re: Grandparent Takes On a Fit Mother

If she does not have custody through a court, you can pick up your daughter whenever you want.

It is an agreement between the two of us signed by the court and petitioner

If it's a court order, then you have to go by what's in the court order, or have the court modify or set aside the order. I suggest that you consult a lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links