Default What Happens To Bail Money If You Don't Appear In Court

My roommate was caught before leaving a store with some things exposed from her shirt while still near a check out counter by an assistant manager who called the police. The cop then took her to jail and I came and bailed her out. The charge was felony and the amount that was in her possession was less than 20.00. She was so depressed and missed her court date, then had a warrant for her arrest. She had to turn herself in and I had to bail her out again. (this time double the bail to $1000.00) Later I was told by another friend that this is not a felony!

What will happen to the first bail money? Geepers, it was not intened as a shoplifting situation, she was just so pissed at the manager there who was predjuice and had double talked on an item for sale and then refused to sell it to my roommate. The judge appointed a DA but he is never in, only leaving messages in his box.

Any advise is appreciated.

Default Re: What Happens To Bail Money If You Don't Appear In Court

The normal consequence of failing to appear in court is that you forfeit your bond. She can discuss it with her lawyer.

what about the case labeled as a felony? is there any recourse, especially when she did not even leave the store and was in the process of checking out...

If she was originally charged with a felony, she should be grateful that the prosecutor decided that she should only be prosecuted for a misdemeanor.

1. Sponsored Links