Default My first ever accident on the Intersection

I live and registered in New Jersey, but the accident happened last night in Philadelphia at about 5:00PM.

I have been turning left on the intersection, were there is no sign that I`m not alowed to turn left, so basicly i was turning left on legal left turn intersection. There was oncoming Big Van which was turning left. So i stoped before proceding, i have waited for all oncoming traffic to pass by, so than I can turn left. I started driving slowly and behind the oncoming Van, the other car dived into the right lane and when i saw it, it was to late. I hit it in the front left fender, i didnt really messed it up, only my car is pretty much damaged. I tried to negotiate with the lady in the car, but she coursed me off and called a cops...
    I am 17 Years old, i have been driving since i had my permit. I drove a lot while i`ve been 16 with my dad, he thought me. And when i got my license at 17 i`ve been driving really a lot for whole year by myself as a delivery guy for pizzeria. For two years driving my Nissan Altima i havent made no scratches to it or got any single ticket. In two days, it is my birthday i was waiting for it so i can go on my own insurance, i wasnt listed on my moms insurance. Its been 3 days until Sept 21 my birthday when i got into accident.
    So basicly whats gonna happene to me and my moms insurance?

Thank you,

Default Accident While Turning Left

So you got a ticket? You can consider fighting the ticket. There may be grounds under your state laws depending on the facts, such as whether she had opportunity to see you and stop and thus can be said to have failed to yield to traffic already in the intersection. Or you can see if they'll dismiss the ticket - talk to a local lawyer who handles tickets, or schedule it for a hearing and try to resolve it yourself (or with your parents' help). Odds are, your mother's insurance will go up.

Default Serge

Thank you for sugestion,

You are right, i have a ticket for a $115.50. You see, when the cop arrived, he didnt even spoke to me. He asked me for my documents, which are all fine, nothing expired etc... And he told me to sit down and wait while he went to talk to the witneses around. I heard their conversation a little, and they werent telling all of the truth, so I interfere and I said that the lady was staying behind the van so i couldnt see her, and than she sudently dived into the right lane from behind the van while accelerating and i couldnt see her right to the time after I hit her. The police officer, he didnt even talk to me all he did he wrote me a ticket and told me that i may play not guilt.
    The women in the car she wasnt injured at all, and she aint that stupid too. She waited in the car, until the Ambulance arrived and she had no scratches nothing. And when the Ambulance looked her over, i asked one of the medics what heppened to her? And he replied that, "he dont see any injuries, but she saying that her neck is hurting and he told me that they always say that even thought there is nothing wrong with them" She has been rushed into the hospital, she stood up and climed into the ambulance by her self.
    Plus all of the vitneses were dark skin people and the women was black and I and my friend in the car were the only white people around if that makes a diference for some people...

Here is damage to the Womens car i used my Camera phone www.modafloor.com/sergiy/version3.jpg

Default Serge

One more question,

When the accident happened, i wasnt included in my mothers insurance policy, is that really bad? and what it might led to. The accident happened Sunday and i still didnt call the insurance because i dont know what is gonna happen and what should i tell them?

Default Car Accident

It is impossible to guess whether or not "that is bad" without knowing the provisions of the car insurance policy. If your mother makes the claim, the worst they can do is deny it. So, at least in that respect, you can't end up worse off than you are by not trying to make a claim.

Default Serge

So basicly even thought i am the one who got ticket, i am still claiming the case?
    Should i call them up right now and tell them how its all is?

Default Car Accident

What you say to the police at this point has nothing to do with what you say to your insurance company. I thought you were asking about making a claim with your insurance company (or, more correctly, your mother making a claim with her insurance company).

I just called the phone number on the back of the insurance card and told them the story how its all happened, they asked for policy number, last names, adress and basic info... She said she will notify the insurance company and they will contact us.
    What should i do in the mean time? Do i have to do anything besides sitting and waiting for this call?
    Me and my mom, we are average family we have moved to this countrie 3 and half years ago. All we did for the last 3 and half years - we worked! I dont have no time to study about the laws in this countrie and there is no other place and not time to ask for recomendation anyone...
    I just didnt know it would be that hard and what should i expect after its all happen

1. Sponsored Links