Cool Dismissed Charges Still Showing Up on Background Checks

I was arrested in June 2001 in Harris County, TX for possession of marijuana and possession of a controlled substance (Class A Mis). The weed was deferred but I got in trouble with a Class C a couple years later so I dont qualify for a petition for non-disclosure. However, the controlled substance charge was dismissed but its still showing up on background checks. Is it possible for me to get this dismissal sealed so it doesnt show up when a potential employer does a background check?

Thanks

Default Re: Dismissed Charges Still Showing Up on Background Checks

what exactly is showing up? The fact you were arrested? Charged? Charges dismissed?

Its showing as:

Offense- Possession of a controlled substance < 28g
    Disposition- Dismissed

Even though it says dismissed I would rather it not show up at all on a background check

An order of nondisclosure is the order which would seal your record. You state that you don't qualify for it, so you answered your own question.

I was referring to the marijuana charge

question-

This isnt helpful to you, but how did you see what it is showing up as? im trying to see if theres anything on my permanant record ? is there anyway i can look this up??

I had a background check done on me by a recruiting agency. I just finished college and hooked up with this agency. I told them right from the start about a Class C misdemeanor conviction I have and it didn't seem to be a huge problem with them. a week later they told me they cant represent me because of some "other stuff" that came up on the report. I was intrigued to find out what this "other stuff" was so I requested a copy of the report from the company that did the background check. What came up besides the class c was the stuff I was arrested for that i mentioned in my first post. I was never convicted of either offense and they never asked on the application if id had deferred adjudication. They only asked about convictions so I'm starting to believe they are dropping me for offenses that did not result in a conviction. Pretty messed up if you ask me. The agency wont even return my calls or e-mails to even discuss everything with them. Anyway you can do background checks on yourself online or if you live in Texas you can do it through the DPS website for pretty cheap.

1. Sponsored Links