Default Order of Protection Against Me

I have been living with my boyfriend at his house in Georgia for a while. When we were at home one day we noticed a very suspicious juvenile staring at our house when we went outside and asked him what he was doing, he ran. About 5 minutes later his mother came by inquiring why we had yelled at her son. We politely said we did not and that we had asked what he was doing and he ran. She understood and asked me my name. I said I was his WIFE. Reason being I was in a very abusive relationship a few years back and do not give people that I don't know my real name. Some my call me paranoid but I have had to go thru lots of counselling due to that ordeal.
    The next night this juvenile returned to the house, set some items on fire and vandalized the property. The police were called. The police referred to me as his wife and I did not think anything of it as I was very upset. A police report was filed and the boy was spoken with and told not to return to the property by the police. We left to go talk with some other neighbors and our neighbor across the street said that the boy returned to view the property again that night. I was very upset and did not sleep well that night. About 2 days later I heard a noise outside and saw this kid and a couple of others crouched out by our property at midnight. I was frightened dialed 911 and had the police come out. The police went to the house of this juvenile and the mother said that the child was 60 miles away with his father (who is actually in jail). The two other friends fled on foot. The police have done nothing and said they cannnot do anything without proof.
    We met with several other members of the neighborhood association and it was decided that we would take turns patrolling the neighborhood during the day and night. Well about two days later I saw the mom of the juvenile turn down a street in the neighborhood. I followed her to see if this might be the home of one of the friends that had been there at our property two nights ago. The woman saw me drive my car down the road. She immediately turned around, rolled her window down and said "I am sick of this shit"! I rolled mine down and said "Well I am sick of your son coming on my property". I then left and called the police as this woman said she was calling the police. The police came out. We told them what happened and they left.
    The next day the police came back to my boyfriends house and handed me an ORDER OF PROTECTION notice. This woman went to superior court, filled out the petition saying her and her two boys were in fear of their lives and they I had threatened them. The order had a hearing date on it that said that a hearing date had been set.

I am completely stressed out. The name on the petition is NOT mine. Its my first name but my boyfriends last since she thought we were married. The police reports show me as his wife. I went through hell legally in my past relationship and I have been having severe panick attacks lately. I CANNOT go to court. It is beyond too stressful for me.

I am returning to my home and getting out of that town.

-MY QUESTION IS IF I DO NOT SHOW UP FOR THE HERRING DATE WILL A WARRANT BE ISSUED FOR MY ARREST?
    -WILL I GET CHARGED WITH A MISDEMENOR FOR NOT HAVING MY NAME RIGHT ON THE PETITION?
    -IN GEORGIA IF I DO NOT SHOW UP FOR THE HEARING WILL THE JUDGE REQUIRE ME TO SEE A COUSELOR AND UNDER GO ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASSES AT MY OWN EXPENSE??

Default Re: Order of Protection Against Me

I am not an attorney but from past experience this is what I suggest:
    Go to the hearing even though you know it's a bunch of bull. You need to tell the judge your side of the story. If you don't show up the judge will only have her side and will more than likely grant the order. I don't believe they will put a warrant for your arrest for a no show but you don't want a order of protection against you either. Sounds like YOU need an order of protection if her son is coming on your property. I wouldn't worry about telling this woman your real name you don't know this woman from a can of paint. Just as long as you didn't give a police officer false info. such as your name your not going to face a criminal charge for that.

Quote Quoting tam7773
    View Post
    I am not an attorney but from past experience this is what I suggest:
    Go to the hearing even though you know it's a bunch of bull. You need to tell the judge your side of the story. If you don't show up the judge will only have her side and will more than likely grant the order. I don't believe they will put a warrant for your arrest for a no show but you don't want a order of protection against you either. Sounds like YOU need an order of protection if her son is coming on your property. I wouldn't worry about telling this woman your real name you don't know this woman from a can of paint. Just as long as you didn't give a police officer false info. such as your name your not going to face a criminal charge for that.
    Do they ask for your ID, SSN etc. when you show up for a hearing or do you just show up?

It is difficult to guess what they may ask for. It is possible that somebody will ask you to establish your identity and provide a SSN or driver's license number.

I would suggest talking to a lawyer before the hearing, as these allegations can be harder to defeat than people realize.

I agree you should seek an attorney's advice. At the hearing I had to show my id to the court clerk and when I got on the stand I had to state and spell my full name to the judge.
    See an attorney though as soon as possible.

Quote Quoting tam7773
    View Post
    I agree you should seek an attorney's advice. At the hearing I had to show my id to the court clerk and when I got on the stand I had to state and spell my full name to the judge.
    See an attorney though as soon as possible.

WHAT????? I called up at the court house and the woman said that I did not need my ID???????? I don't want these people knowing my real name damn it!

It may well vary state to state. I'm just stating from my experience.

1. Sponsored Links