Default Arrest After a Party with 0.0 Breath Alcohol

Hi,
    We live in AZ..my son is 18, went to a party to pick up his girlfriend, cops show up for domestic disturbance at neighbors house next door, notice there was teenage party w/ alcohol..they call for back up and line everyone up and do a breath alyzer test..then the cops put all 9 kids @ the party in the cop cars (including my son) and took them to the station. They towed vehicles, including my sons truck.
    My sons breath test read 0.00, the cops took a copy of his license, and then an officer brought him home, and told him to go to court in Nov.
    He was not issued a ticket, or citation..just a card where his truck could be picked up from the impound lot.
    What is he facing? and why does he have to go to court?
    Thanks

Default Re: Arrest After a Party with 0.0 Breath Alcohol

It's possible that he may be facing possession by a minor charges.

You'd have to give us the statute number he is charged under.

A possession charge has nothing to do with BAC.

Quote Quoting questionable
    View Post
    Hi,
    We live in AZ..my son is 18, went to a party to pick up his girlfriend, cops show up for domestic disturbance at neighbors house next door, notice there was teenage party w/ alcohol..they call for back up and line everyone up and do a breath alyzer test..then the cops put all 9 kids @ the party in the cop cars (including my son) and took them to the station. They towed vehicles, including my sons truck.
    My sons breath test read 0.00, the cops took a copy of his license, and then an officer brought him home, and told him to go to court in Nov.
    He was not issued a ticket, or citation..just a card where his truck could be picked up from the impound lot.
    What is he facing? and why does he have to go to court?
    Thanks
    We don't know. But, he needs to get his vehicle asap so that towing charges stop accruing. He is likely not facing anything, though.

panther10758 Guest

Without a citation or something that states what he is being charged with I feel that he wasnt charged at all. Get the car out of impound and contact Police for report and charge if any.

If he has a court date, it is reasonable to infer that something has been charged. He may wish to check with the court to see if a file has been opened in his name and, if so, what charge is reflected.

1. Sponsored Links