Red face Landlord Served an Eviction Notice, But I'm Already Out

My landlord in Fort Collins, CO issued an eviction, but I am already out of the home. My neighbors called me and let me know the sheriff was over and put a note on the door. I retrieved my mail at the post office and there was a letter in there from their attorney with the eviction order. I passed this to my attorney. The reason the landlord sent an eviction to me was because they had contractors in the home when I wasn't there, and I had personal belongings missing when I got back. I told them about the missing property, but they of course have no idea what happened to it. I told them I wasn't going to move out til I got my stuff returned. I never got my stuff back, but I moved out anyway. I was forced to move because they turned the gas and water off when I was still there. (is that legal?)

My attorney and I are trying to get them to close this, but they are dragging their feet. Now they are saying that I am harassing them. The only times I called them was to give a key back & I owe an outstanding bill which I called and emailed them but they never responded.

What are their motives? It seems like they are just being jerks about this now. Any suggestions on what I can do? Any suggestions about my personal property being missing?

Thanks, Peter

Default Corporate as an option...

Pettag,

In attempt to offer you some sort of a resolution; I question you...

As opposed to your vigorous attempts to communicate with the "little people" in the office, have you considered contacting your Property Management's - CORPORATE Office to obtain response? Most Property Managers/Leasing Consultants are pre-warned not to handle situations such as yours due to the overall nature of the subject, itself. I generally reserve this option as a last resort when things go awry.

Provided Corporate continues the theme of "lacking communication", perhaps you should consider taking every measure in contacting your local Better Business Bureau and/or County Board of Fair Housing.

Good luck~

Default Re: Landlord Served an Eviction Notice, But I'm Already Out

FHG, Thanks for the note. Appreciate it. P

Default No prob.

You're quite welcome.

1. Sponsored Links